The Story So Far

How does one start a BLOG? (By not speaking in the Queen's English, for starters, matey!)
I've been keeping a written journal since April last year, and I've found it very helpful in recording the incremental successes of this early period in my writing endeavours. (Eh?) I'm not sure what extra benefits an online journal such as this will have, but I'm willing to give it a go. I think the most exciting thing is that the BLOG acts as a kind of webpage which should hopefully tell people a little bit more about me and what I'm doing (or trying to do). If they want to know, that is. So, a quick resume of the story so far...

I was born in 1971, in Aylesbury, Buckinghamsire (no, no, that's too far back.)
I recently turned thirty (that's better, cut out all that boring teenage angst, young adult hooplah), and having reached said milestone, realised I had been writing for twenty years and had never actually sent anything off! Part of the reason (apart from an almost chronic lethargy on my part) was that there had been such a limited market for publishing spec-fic short stories in Britain at that time. So, I tried to put all my efforts into writing novels. Well, after writing several half-finished books over a number of years, I became despondent about the whole thing and pretty much shut up shop, as it were. During this time, however, the internet had blossomed, and online publishing markets had appeared. The very first web-zine I came across was Antipodean SF, who subsequently published my first ever short story, 'Probability and Chaos' (the title of this BLOG), back in September 2004. Since then, I've been lucky enough to place my stories in a number of online spec-fic magazines, and have actually been paid for a few, too. I won't list them all here, but should you be interested, most of the stories are archived at the publications mentioned in the header above.
That's enough for now. Next time, I'll talk about something else apart from me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Symbiosis

Music for Writing