Bits and Pieces

A few bits and pieces of news.

Story Acceptances:

The Weight of Shadows has been accepted by Jupiter SF and is due to appear in issue 23 (Jan '09), my second appearance in this quality UK-based sf quarterly.

The Man Who Ate Planets has been accepted for the Permuted Press anthology Best New Tales of the Apocalypse. This is a reprint anthology, and "Planets" first appeared last year in the final issue of Revelation Magazine which is sadly no more.

Conventions

The Welsh Event (see earlier post):
Due to forces beyond my control (most forces are beyond my control, unfortunately!) I was unable to attend this con. I've seen some reports of the day already and it looked like a great success.
Back on January 1st, I made myself a resolution to attend one con this year, so I have now resolved to make it to Fantasycon in September. Paying my membership fee this week. Can't wait.

Writing Progress

Finished 'The Transmuted Engine' last week and very pleased so far with the first draft. Trying to leave it alone for a while but I keep going back in and tinkering here and there. Made a start on 'The Spiders of Suburbia' and there are a couple more stories vying for my attention. Then, of course, there is still the matter of the two novels: one completed, one in progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Symbiosis

Music for Writing