Who Review: Fear Her

"Fingers on lips!"

Easily the funniest moment in the episode (if not the series so far). 'Fear Her' is a low-key Who episode in all respects. A small budget affair, based in a single suburban street, and with minimal effects. The result is a solid adventure in its own right but ultimately an episode which comes across as being a bit of a 'filler' before the epic two-part finale. In fact, it seems as though the finale has taken the budget of both this episode and last week's 'Love and Monsters'! Whilst I enjoyed 'Fear Her' I was actually more excited by the sixty-second preview of next week's 'Army of Ghosts' - and I wasn't disappointed. That single shot of Rose standing on some colourless beach, looking so sad, so lonely, added with the voice-over "This is the story of war on earth...This is the last story I will tell..." Ooh, I got goosebumps I did. Like most fans of this series, this is what I've been waiting for. We all know now that Rose 'leaves'. What the BBC have expertly managed to keep a secret is exactly how she leaves. Can't wait for Saturday.

Egads! What am I going to do when the series finishes?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Lucas to Remake the Star Wars Saga From Scratch

Symbiosis

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .